Sunday, April 3, 2011

A First-Timer's Disclaimer

I realize that I'm a little late in jumping on the blog bandwagon. In considering the trend, I've come to realize what a gratifying outlet it might come to be. (If that doesn't foreshadow a warning to readers I don't know what can.) And so here it is. Why not?

I do not promise that my posts will always consist of deep, intellectual, thought-provoking, creative, or grammatically sound content. I forewarn you now that a portion of posts will be indulgent ramblings, pointless wonderings, fanciful daydreams, and even long-repressed venting. In fact, I guarantee that a great many of my posts will be just that.

In writing, I may even expose my readers to the occasional cliche, a well-fitting grammar bend, and mild expletives of frustration or anger such as darn and heck. Even though I have a degree in English and very little bothers me more than weak writing, bad spelling, poor grammar, and faulty punctuation.

Although I am compelled to write, you are never compelled to read. So welcome readers, "followers," and silent stalkers. I aim to be honest about the things I have to say, but I do not promise that what I write and what you consider worth reading will be one and the same. I can, however, promise one thing: that, like my marriage, this blog and its posts will cover a wide range of topics and emotions.

But no matter what happens, it's all worth it in the end.

1 comment:

  1. Man Kat, your posts will no doubt be super fun to read. As I said before and shall always say, what you write is fun to read. Take care and Happy Sunday!!!
    p.s. Blogging is a wonderful way to release ones angst.

    ReplyDelete