Wednesday, April 6, 2011

TMI

WARNING: As you may be able to tell from the title, this post may contain too much information. If you are squeamish, a self-proclaimed prude or overly modest you may want to skip over this post. But this blog's mantra is honesty. And the fact is, I'm a married woman now and there are certain issues and quandaries that have yet to be discussed with fellow married women.

It's my day off. On mornings when I don't babysit I usually indulge in an extra hour of sleep, an omelet breakfast, large mug of coffee, and TV time (typically recorded episodes of the Rachael Ray Show). As I finished, my husband returned home from a quick appointment on campus. Well, it seems that my healthy smoothie breakfasts, salad lunches, and daily hour of treadmill/aerobics time have paid off. Even the fact that I was still in my pajamas and over-sized sweatshirt did not deter my hubby's testosterone.

The real issue of this post is my unpreparedness here. Spring has just sprung and the days here are still chilly. I confess: I am one of those - as are so many other women - who do not shave my legs as regularly during the Winter as during the warmer months - because it's just too easy to get lazy. There, I said it. And I know I am not alone.

So, of course, I felt slightly guilty after our *ahem* rendezvous in lé bedroom.  I later channeled my inner "Venus" in the shower for a smooth shave. Of course, what good does it do then? Somehow, in some silly inexplicable way, it reduces my guilt. Better late than never...maybe?

How often does this happen to you, ladies? You might be as far from sexy as possible with a little stubble on the legs and all, yet your man is after you like you're the Greek goddess of love. Raise your hand if you've ever been the victim of Winter stubble guilt...

No comments:

Post a Comment